Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
As a photojournalist my principal interests are spot news, fires, etc. I also like to see the humor in everyday situations. In my 42 years as a photojournalist I have seen a lot of people die. First, during the Salvadoran Civil War, and since then, on some of the 'mean streets' of my adopted hometown......still, a great little town all the same!
It was a bizarre and tragic scene that played out Tuesday afternoon at Bulls Plaza in downtown Durham, when Derek Walker drove onto the Plaza, got out, and began to brandish a weapon. Police immediately cordoned off the area and attempted to talk to Walker, who appeared to be very distraught. Officers seemed to exercise considerable restraint with a man who was armed with what appeared to be a semi-automatic pistol until it was obvious that he was pointing his weapon at an officer. Then police  shot Walker in the chest.