Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
As a photojournalist my principal interests are spot news, fires, etc. I also like to see the humor in everyday situations. In my 42 years as a photojournalist I have seen a lot of people die. First, during the Salvadoran Civil War, and since then, on some of the 'mean streets' of my adopted hometown......still, a great little town all the same!

Teen dead from gunshot wound while in police custody !

Durham police and the SBI are investigating how 17 year old Jesus Huerta died of an apparent gunshot wound in the back of a police cruiser early Tuesday morning.  Police said 'A loud noise in the rear of the cruiser caused the officer to lose control and crash into another vehicle in the parking lot of Police Hqs about 3.30 am.' Chief Lopez stated that no Durham officer discharged a weapon Tuesday morning. Police are continuing their investigation into the death of the Riverside High School student who had just been arrested for an outstanding  trespass warrant when the incident occurred.