Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
As a photojournalist my principal interests are spot news, fires, etc. I also like to see the humor in everyday situations. In my 42 years as a photojournalist I have seen a lot of people die. First, during the Salvadoran Civil War, and since then, on some of the 'mean streets' of my adopted hometown......still, a great little town all the same!

Shooting, wreck, leaves one dead, one injured !

A Durham police investigator examines the scene on Horton Rd. after a shooting and subsequent accident left  the occupant of the SUV dead and the driver of the sedan injured. Police said that there may have been an exchange of gunfire at the intersection of Duke St. and Horton Rd. which then resulted in a collision bringing down a power pole and power lines. The incident occurred about 3am Saturday morning and caused traffic to be diverted for several hours while repairs were made and the homicide investigation was completed.