Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
As a photojournalist my principal interests are spot news, fires, etc. I also like to see the humor in everyday situations. In my 42 years as a photojournalist I have seen a lot of people die. First, during the Salvadoran Civil War, and since then, on some of the 'mean streets' of my adopted hometown......still, a great little town all the same!

Apartment fire rekindles into two alarm blaze !!!

A single unit fire at the Seven Oaks Apartments on Rippling Stream Monday night rekindled into a two alarm blaze Tuesday morning that destroyed the entire building and left residents wondering if firefighters left the scene too early before the fire was completely extinguished. When firefighters left late Monday night after putting out the original fire, they were apparently convinced that the fire had not spread to the attic, but about an hour later early Tuesday they returned to find smoke and flames erupting through the roof of the building, and although they tried valiantly to extinguish the rekindled fire the entire building and it's contents were completely destroyed.