Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
As a photojournalist my principal interests are spot news, fires, etc. I also like to see the humor in everyday situations. In my 42 years as a photojournalist I have seen a lot of people die. First, during the Salvadoran Civil War, and since then, on some of the 'mean streets' of my adopted hometown......still, a great little town all the same!

Duke Divinity students help Geer St. fire victims !!

Duke Divinity Graduate Rikki Raye Rice, left, and Duke Divinity student, Maryanne Henderson, center,  help fire victims by giving them food and support early Monday morning after a fire left about two dozen people, mostly Hispanics, homeless. The blaze erupted about 7am and spread quickly through several units of the brick apartment building on Geer St. before firefighters were able to get the fire under control. Everyone escaped,  including several children, but at least one person suffered minor burns.