Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
As a photojournalist my principal interests are spot news, fires, etc. I also like to see the humor in everyday situations. In my 42 years as a photojournalist I have seen a lot of people die. First, during the Salvadoran Civil War, and since then, on some of the 'mean streets' of my adopted hometown......still, a great little town all the same!

Carjack/shooting on Buxton !!!

Medics tend a young man who was carjacked and shot Wednesday afternoon on Buxton St. The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the hip and was rushed to Duke Medical Center. He was the third carjacking victim in as many days in the Bull City. It appears as though gang members are using this method to appropriate vehicles to use in other armed robberies and drive-by shootings, which have reached epidemic proportions in the last few months.