Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
As a photojournalist my principal interests are spot news, fires, etc. I also like to see the humor in everyday situations. In my 42 years as a photojournalist I have seen a lot of people die. First, during the Salvadoran Civil War, and since then, on some of the 'mean streets' of my adopted hometown......still, a great little town all the same!

Horrific 'wrong way' wreck kills two on 1-85 !!!!!

Durham firefighters work the scene on 1-85 early Monday morning after a 'wrong way' driver, traveling southbound in the northbound lanes struck an SUV head-on.  Both drivers were killed instantly and several others in the SUV were injured, one critically. Police are trying to determine what caused the female driver of the car to turn the wrong way onto the Interstate and where it happened. An autopsy will be performed to determine whether alcohol or drugs were involved.