Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
As a photojournalist my principal interests are spot news, fires, etc. I also like to see the humor in everyday situations. In my 42 years as a photojournalist I have seen a lot of people die. First, during the Salvadoran Civil War, and since then, on some of the 'mean streets' of my adopted hometown......still, a great little town all the same!

Durham police shoot man during armed standoff !!!

A young man stands with what appears to be weapon in his right hand in the front yard of a house at 1702, Angier Ave. and watches as armed officers take up positions around him for a tense hour long standoff. Durham police evacuated neighbors and began negotiating with the suspect, and at one point the suspect actually put the gun down,  but did not step away from it, and apparently picked it up again minutes later. At one point a police supervisor asked officers on the radio whether any officer had a pair of binoculars to determine whether the weapon the suspect was holding was real or a pellet gun.  A short time later there was a quick succession of rapid gunfire and the suspect collapsed to the ground mortally wounded.