Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
As a photojournalist my principal interests are spot news, fires, etc. I also like to see the humor in everyday situations. In my 42 years as a photojournalist I have seen a lot of people die. First, during the Salvadoran Civil War, and since then, on some of the 'mean streets' of my adopted hometown......still, a great little town all the same!

Deer rescued from Norhgate Mall Carousel!

Sometime early Wednesday morning this deer broke into Northgate Mall and caused quite a mess before getting it's head stuck between the bars of the fence surrounding the Carousel. It took Wildlife officers and firefighters about an hour to free the animal which may have been attracted by a very realistic looking Buck, which is part of the carousel display. Unfortunately because of the injuries it sustained, the deer had to be euthanized.